Most people develop an occasional cavity over the course of their lives, even if they maintain good at-home oral hygiene practices and visit their dentist for regularly scheduled teeth cleanings. When this occurs, dental fillings are an effective way to restore teeth damaged by decay.
In order to deliver the highest quality results, Dr. Heather Fleschler has a mercury-free and metal-free dentistry practice. She uses tooth-colored fillings, ensuring you achieve beautiful, natural looking results that blend in seamlessly with your smile.
The best way to prevent tooth decay and the need for fillings is to visit us twice a year for your regularly scheduled dental checkups. Please call (713) 660-6500 today to schedule an appointment at our Houston office.
Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
White fillings are made of a composite resin material that mimics the color of your natural teeth. They provide you with several advantages compared with metal amalgam fillings:
- Preserves more of your natural tooth structure
- Does not expand and contract with temperature changes, reducing the risk of tooth fracture down the road
- Bonded to your tooth, providing extra support
- Prevents additional tooth decay
- Matches the color of your natural tooth, blending in with your smile
Tooth-Colored Filling Options
Dr. Fleschler uses two different types of composites for tooth-colored filling restorations:
- Empress Direct – These fillings are made from a functional and aesthetic material, and they are effective when used with both front and back teeth. Dr. Fleschler can use a layering technique on front teeth to ensure beautiful results.
- SonicFill – These fillings use a sonic-activated composite material. Dr. Fleschler recommends this option for very large restorations.
If you have very large areas of decay which do not leave enough healthy tooth structure to support a tooth-colored filling, Dr. Fleschler may recommend porcelain inlays and onlays as a more effective option.
Please contact Dr. Heather Fleschler online or call (713) 660-6500 today to schedule an appointment. We serve patients in the Houston, Texas areas of West University, Bellaire, Meyerland, and River Oaks.