Invisalign® Clear Braces
If you would like to enjoy the benefits of beautiful, straight teeth but do not want to deal with the hassles associated with traditional braces, then you may want to consider Invisalign®. Invisalign® is an alternative to traditional braces which uses clear, removable plastic aligners to gradually straighten your teeth. The aligners are virtually undetectable to others, making them a great option for adults who would like to avoid an unsightly mouth of metal.
This page will provide you with an overview of the Invisalign® process, but it cannot advise you about your unique situation. The best way to find out whether this braces alternative is the right option for you is to speak with Dr. Heather Fleschler in person. Please call (713) 660-6500 today to schedule a consultation at our Houston cosmetic dentistry office.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Invisalign® offers several important benefits compared with traditional orthodontic treatment:
- Increased comfort – Your aligners have smooth edges, preventing your teeth and gums from being irritated during the straightening process.
- Removable – You can remove your aligners during meals and when brushing or flossing. This allows you to eat whatever you like, and it makes daily oral hygiene practices easier to complete.
- Invisible – The clear aligners will not be noticeable to others, making them a much more attractive solution than unsightly metal braces.
- Customization – Dr. Fleschler will take detailed impressions of your teeth which will be used to construct your Invisalign aligners, ensuring that your treatment is customized to address your unique orthodontic needs.
- Fewer office visits – You only need to visit Dr. Fleschler’s office once every 4-6 weeks, providing the additional convenience of fewer office visits compared with traditional orthodontic treatment.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is very effective when used to correct minor to moderate crowding, spacing and rotation issues, or orthodontic relapse. If you’ve had braces in the past and your teeth have shifted back, Invisalign is a great option to correct the issue.
However, Dr. Fleschler does not recommend Invisalign® for major orthodontic and bite alignment issues. In these cases, she refers patients to an orthodontic specialist.
The Invisalign® Process
Dr. Fleschler will take an impression of your teeth which will be sent to the Invisalign® lab and used to construct a series of custom aligners. You will wear each aligner for approximately 2 weeks before moving on to the next aligner in the series. Each aligner will gradually shift your teeth closer to their intended position. Once the process is complete, you will be able to enjoy the benefits of beautiful, straight teeth.
In order to achieve optimal results, you must wear the aligners for at least 20 hours a day. The only time they should be removed is while you are eating or brushing your teeth.