It’s never too late to get the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted! Dr. Heather Fleschler of Houston, TX works regularly with adult patients who did not obtain orthodontic work as teenagers and are now interested in enhancing the appearance of their smiles. Whether you have a gap between your teeth or extensive bite issues such as crossbites, overbites, and underbites, our team may be able to assist you in transforming your smile! This is often achieved with a discreet treatment alternative to metal braces called Invisalign.
How does Invisalign orthodontics work?
Invisalign is a popular alternative to traditional metal braces that can correct misaligned teeth in adults of all ages. Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic and are virtually invisible when worn, making them a popular choice for those who want to improve their smile discreetly.
How Invisalign differs from traditional metal bracket-and-wire braces:
- Invisalign is removable, making it easy to eat and brush your teeth. Metal braces are not removable and must be taken out for eating and brushing.
- Invisalign can correct a wider range of orthodontic issues than metal braces.
- Invisalign is more comfortable than metal braces, which can often cause pain and discomfort.
- Invisalign is a more expensive option than metal braces, but may be worth the investment for those looking for a discreet and comfortable orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign trays often help patients maintain a smile free from periodontal disease and cavities as they are removed for brushing and flossing.
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is a method of straightening the smile that helps patients achieve their smile goals without the use of metal brackets and wires glued to the teeth. It is best for patients who have mild to moderate malocclusion and are looking for a discreet way to improve their smiles as an adult.
If you are interested in learning more about Invisalign or traditional metal bracket-and-wire braces, please contact Dr. Heather Fleschler in Houston, TX today! We would be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a free consultation. You deserve the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted – don’t wait any longer!