Dr. Heather F. Fleschler of Houston, TX works routinely with patients who want to realign their smile when misalignment and poor bite alignment are a concern. Many patients who visit her practice may avoid asking about Invisalign because of some of the common myths they have heard. Fortunately, patients are educated on the benefits of Invisalign, and her team can help dispel myths and misconceptions about this treatment for new and established patients.
Facts about Invisalign orthodontics
Below are a few of the misconceptions about Invisalign that patients need to understand in order to better determine if they are a good candidate for treatment:
- Invisalign is only for adult. Though many adults turn to Invisalign to correct misalignment that was not addressed during their childhood or teen years, this doesn’t mean that children or teenagers cannot use them as well.
- Invisalign is expensive. The cost of treatment varies depending on various circumstances of a patient’s unique case, but in most instances, the cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of conventional orthodontics.
- Invisalign is not covered by dental insurance. Many patients are surprised to learn that their dental insurance covers part or all of the cost of Invisalign, making it just as affordable as traditional braces.
- Invisalign takes longer than braces. Invisalign treatment time is often less than traditional braces, depending on the complexity of each case. In many situations, patients will have their new smile in less time or similar time as they would if they started conventional metal bracket and wire braces at the same time.
- Invisalign makes it difficult to speak. There is a slight adjustment period for patients wearing Invisalign but this is no different than that of adjusting to bracket and wire orthodontics.
- Invisalign is only for mild cases of misalignment. Patients with mild to moderate misalignment of the teeth and even bite or gap issues can benefit from Invisalign, making it a wonderful alternative to covering the smile with metal.
Are you interested in Invisalign for smile enhancement?
Connect with Dr. Heather F. Fleschler and her team in Houston, TX to discuss your options. The practice is located at 5252 Westchester Street, Ste. #200 and accepts new and established patients and families who call (713) 660-6500 for an appointment.