Your smile says a lot about you. It can exude confidence and share emotions with others. It can also be the first impression during a job interview or a blind date. An unhealthy smile may convey the wrong messages to others, which is why achieving and maintaining oral health and wellness is important. Dr. Heather F. Fleschler and her team in Houston, TX are dedicated to helping patients understand the advantages of a clean, healthy, and beautiful smile!
What are some recommendations and tips for achieving a healthy, beautiful smile?
There are a wide range of recommendations that Dr. Heather F. Fleschler and her team may communicate with new and returning patients. Below are just a few tips that our team might discuss with patients:
- Brush after every meal. If you are unable to brush your teeth after each meal, aim to brush at least twice a day, once int eh morning and once in the evening before bed.
- Floss the teeth each day. At least once a day, floss the teeth to clean in-between them and dislodge any food particles that might contribute to disease or decay.
- Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in acids and sugars, as these may leave behind elements that can cause the formation of gum disease.
- Drink plenty of water. Water consumption ensures that patients stay hydrated and healthy, but can also have several benefits to the smile. This is especially true for patients who have dry mouth that might significantly increase their risk of cavities and disease.
- Visit the dentist every six months. The American Dental Association highly recommends that each patient see their dentist at least every six months for a dental cleaning and evaluation with their providers.
- Find out more about oral health care tips and recommendations
Dr. Heather F. Fleschler of Houston, TX is here to help with a range of oral health solutions, including education on how to achieve and maintain healthier smiles. If you live in or around the area and want to work with our team, call (713) 660-6500 to request an appointment. We are open to new and established patients in and around the community at our facility, conveniently located at 5252 Westchester Street, Suite #200.